yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 3,298
Like?
Re: Rule Brittannia
In reply to OlyChamp, 9 months ago

OlyChamp wrote:

yyr wrote:

OlyChamp wrote:

She stands sentinel over our War Memorial. I have placed two images here, a wide angle shot with the E500 14/42mm and the close up with E620 70/300mm. The close up was processed in LightZone, the wide angle OOC.

-- hide signature --

"I take photographs, if you want them back see my lawyer!!"

What a beautiful face she has - I wonder who the model was. I couldn't help but play with the second. There's not enough space around her in the frame really but if you go again you might try something along these lines as a different way of treating the subject.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

I like that Yaelle. I don't have the software to get arty with my images. When I first saw your rendition I didn't like it, but the more I see the better it gets. Also helps me when framing in the future "in camera".

Thane

-- hide signature --

"I take photographs, if you want them back see my lawyer!!"

Nothing fancy here - just a crop and rotate in Lightroom.

I did that post late in the evening just before going to bed and I felt bad about it afterwards because I didn't really express what I wanted and rather than C&C it came out as criticism. So here's what I was trying to say...

One of the lessons that has stuck in my mind was one that I read here on DPReview early in my journey to learn photography. The poster recommended that you take every shot from 5 different angles as a way of learning how to see. It's been an incredibly simple yet powerful way to improve my 'seeing' skills. I agree with you - this is just a different angle and you should try and achieve it in camera rather than post.

She is a beautiful work of art.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
LouNew
LouNew
LizNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow