Which film camera for my buddy's wedding?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Trevor Sowers
Contributing MemberPosts: 595Gear list
Like?
Re: Which film camera for my buddy's wedding?
In reply to ThaQuest, 7 months ago

ThaQuest wrote:

My buddy is flying me back from China to shoot her wedding in a month. She's giving me a bit of cash which I will throw towards a long-overdue film camera, as she appreciates film. I've been shooting a manual focus Olympus OM-10 for a few years, but it's time for something serious. Perhaps 25% of the wedding will be shot on film, serious stuff will utilized the DSLR.

I'm looking at the following:

- Contax G2 (small and light)

- Mamiy 6 or 7 (always aspired towards MF)

- Standard Canon SLR (can use my current lenses)

I'm worried that if I go with the Contax or Mamiya, there might be a higher learning curve, which I won't master in time for the wedding (I will only have the camera for 2-3 days before the wedding begins). Whereas a Canon SLR will be 2nd nature. I want something that will last a lifetime and expand my passion for film.

Any other ideas? Thoughts?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

www.shenzhenphotos.com

I have the EOS 1V and the EOS 3.   I like how they use my existing lenses and speedlite's that I use for my 5D MKIII.

Between the two it's the 1V for me unless the cost is an issue.  The custom functions in the 1V make the camera work more to my liking and the shutter is not only quieter but has a smoother less distracting sound which for me is a big deal.  The 1V is the pinnacle of 35mm Film SLR from Canon and I'm very pleased with it.  The EOS 3 is very capable and if it's the one I could afford I would get it and shoot away happily.

Buy some Portra 400 and a 1V and have some fun!

Trevor Sowers's gear list:Trevor Sowers's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow