Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ewoods
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Lego pictures
4 months ago

I'd love to get a little help with a project I'm working on.  I'm redecorating my son's room to reflect his new-found love of Legos and decided that for art I would just take a picture of some of his own legos, print them out as large as I can, and frame them.  So here's what I need help with:

1.  I took these pictures today using a Canon Rebel T3 and the stock 18-55 mm lens.  I don't own any other cameras or lenses, so this is all I have to work with.  I have the RAW versions too.  My problem is that while I think they're good, and perhaps even "good enough" for a 6-year-old room, but they don't seem quite right to me.  They're a little too "bright" even though I was going for high exposure, and I don't really know how to fix it so that the background is that really bright white but the figures themselves aren't so "shiney" if you know what I mean.

2.  What's the largest you think I can print these and still have them look good?  I'm not a professional by any means, so I know the size is limited by how good of a shot I can get, but assuming they're decent, can I get 11x14 out of them?  What I'm really going for is poster size.  Is that possible and still have them look good?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow