Letter to Fuji about the X100s

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Beat Traveller
Regular MemberPosts: 438Gear list
Like?
Re: What I like
In reply to Palinarius, 6 months ago

Palinarius wrote:

I like a functional camera designed for real-world shooting pictures. I have a several digital cameras which fit that description: top-end EOS DSLRs. The Canon 5D III is about as close to perfect as a camera can get, in my opinion.

There are four buttons on the left side of the back of the camera that don't need to be there. I'd take away the Q button, make the thumb wheel bigger, and remove the funny lever thingy at top right. I'd also remove the exposure compensation dial. I realize people who shoot on auto might like to keep that. But if I shot on auto I'd still get rid of it.

As the photographer Hiro said "A picture is perfect when nothing more can be taken away."

-- hide signature --

Bratsvo i Jedinstvo!

I was under the impression that the 5D III has many, MANY more buttons than the X100s: http://camerasize.com/compact/#395,312,ha,b

Also, the 'funny lever thingy' changes the viewfinder from optical to electronic. The Q menu is used to quickly change white balance, AF frame size, ISO, flash mode, self timer and, if you use them, JPEG settings. Are you telling me that you don't use these for 'real world pictures', or that you would rather dive into the main menu every time you want to change such a setting?

Beat Traveller's gear list:Beat Traveller's gear list
Nikon D60 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow