Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,829Gear list
Like?
Guys, I might just go back to nikon.
7 months ago

As much as i LOVE the fuji XE1, if things don't work out for me i might just get a D7200 when it comes out. Not because of the camera, but mostly because of the lens availability and price.

I could easily get the sigma 18-35 1.8 at a very fair price, and i will have a 1.8 throughout that ENTIRE focal range. Not bad at all.

Plus i will be able to use all my nikon mount lenses on my S5 Pro as well, which i am not getting rid of.

I am going to see what i can come up with, but now that i have used fuji for a couple of months, what i can truly say is that maybe the timing for me is just all wrong because of the lens availability selection issue and the cost of the lenses at this point in time, mainly the 23mm and the 56mm. I don't even think Samyang/Rokinon makes a fuji mount 24 1.4 in the fuji mount, and honestly, i have been completely turned OFF in using lens ADAPTERS. Those are just my internal feelings about that.

Now i know for sure that the fuji lenses are very high quality, although i have also discovered that some of the fuji lenses ARE very slow, which i wasn't really aware of.

There are definitely MORE lenses available for the nikon, and again, it is the same mount as my S5 Pro, which i am really really happy that i am able to keep. THAT is a major relief for me!

I am going to have to really think about this one, but if the D7200 has something that really interests me (which the D7100 doesn't) i'll probably sell the XE1 to get it.

This is really going to be a tough tough one because I really love the XE1 body so much. Damn!!

Anyway, although i am not switching right now, or yet, I want to thank everyone here for providing me with so much help and information of all sort. One thing for sure, i like the environment from this forum way more than the nikon one.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow