Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,339Gear list
Like?
Absolutely, my choices are Zeiss 24-70/4 and 55/1.8
In reply to El3bs, 5 months ago

El3bs wrote:

Hello All,

The a6000 has been in mind for a while, considering it once it is out. However, I've been reading a lot about the new Sony FE camera/ lens, watching reviews as well. and was thinking of getting only FE lenses instead of APS-C "E" lenses, since it will be very easy to jump to the FE system anytime I want.

Anyone has a better advice?

El3bs

I use only full-frame lenses with my Canon full-frame and 1.3 and 1.6 croppers. I do a lot of portraits so IF (I'm not) I am thinking of migrating to a Sony full-frame camera soon after I get the A6000, my choices will be the aforementioned lenses. For me the Zeiss 24-70/4 gives that 35-105 look for the A6000. Even though I wished it was a 24-105, I would add that 85mm or 135mm or the 70-200/4 later.

Temporarily I can use the 55/1.8 as my heads and shoulders portrait lens for the A6000 or if I want to throw off the background. For full-frame it will be my standard lens---for full-body and half-body shots. For the A6000, I expect the 55/1.8 to have 'look and feel' similar to my 50/1.2L(albeit the Zeiss can't do f/1.2) with my Canon 1.6x cameras. Here are samples:

And I'm pretty sure you can see for yourself how the real Zeiss 55/1.8 performs on the A7/r from samples in this forum. In my case, I don't have the urge to move into Sony full-frame because I'm extremely happy with my NEX system and my emount APC-S lenses.

Good luck in whatever decision you make.

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow