Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Palinarius
Contributing MemberPosts: 860Gear list
Like?
What I like
In reply to Charlesn, 9 months ago

Charlesn wrote:

Palinarius wrote:

I stand by my contention that the camera is junked up with unnecessary features.

Well, let's put you in charge of Fuji design for a moment--what's your "top ten" list of "unnecessary" features that you'd strip off the camera. And please don't reply with "fewer buttons." Which buttons, by function, "junk up" the camera in your opinion?

On a separate note… why would you ever buy a camera that you feel is junked up with unnecessary features? Sounds like a recipe for certain dissatisfaction that would drive one to write letters of complaint to the manufacturer.

I like a functional camera designed for real-world shooting pictures. I have a several digital cameras which fit that description: top-end EOS DSLRs. The Canon 5D III is about as close to perfect as a camera can get, in my opinion.

There are four buttons on the left side of the back of the camera that don't need to be there. I'd take away the Q button, make the thumb wheel bigger, and remove the funny lever thingy at top right. I'd also remove the exposure compensation dial. I realize people who shoot on auto might like to keep that. But if I shot on auto I'd still get rid of it.

As the photographer Hiro said "A picture is perfect when nothing more can be taken away."

-- hide signature --

Bratsvo i Jedinstvo!

Palinarius's gear list:Palinarius's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow