NX20 and NX30 - ISO capabilities (nearly) unchanged!?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ttbek
Contributing MemberPosts: 929Gear list
Like?
Re: NX20 and NX30 - ISO capabilities (nearly) unchanged!?
In reply to Sisung, 4 months ago

Sisung wrote:

targut wrote:

jennyrae wrote:

if Samsung does have plan to release rumored top class body, I think significant picture quality improvement is reserved for that body than with NX30. possibly not to affect sale of rumored product and not have discussion why NX1 picture quality is not much improved over NX30 and why have to pay more. make sense, yes?

It would make sense, if, by coincidence, they could have a new sensor with signficant picture improvement in development. Is there one? I doubt it. As I have already mentioned in the past, modern sensors are already so effective that it is hardly possible to invent something radically new. Slight improvements here and there, but APS-C sensors from different manufacturers are today on par, except for those ancient ones from Canon.

I've been wondering if the NX1 will use tech from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1QR5pFtrQ

-- hide signature --

Quite possibly, it is mentioned even on the same slide as they say that they're doing their next APS-C sensor for 2014-2015:

http://aod.teletogether.com/sec/20131106/S.LSI_Namsung%20Woo_Samsung%20System%20LSI%20Business.pdf

Labelled page 17, is page 18 of the document.  I've heard rumours the NX1 sensor will be 24 Megapixel.  I am pretty sure it will be a significant improvement over their current sensors, but as others say, probably not a monumental leap.

ttbek's gear list:ttbek's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Nikon Coolpix L3 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow