Letter to Fuji about the X100s

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Palinarius
Contributing MemberPosts: 869Gear list
Like?
Silent mode, Canon G series
In reply to Beat Traveller, 9 months ago

Beat Traveller wrote:

As the person above me points out, you can lock the rear controls. This seems more like complaining about digital cameras in general though: you have so many more options at your feet, and the camera can either bury them in the menu or put them on direct controls.

I was unaware that I could lock the controls by being in the silent mode. So that's what I'll do. Thanks for that. However, I stand by my contention that the camera is junked up with unnecessary features.

As for me being a member of a small minority wanting a revised camera, I'm sure that's true. In fact I figured I was the only one until I started talking to some other pro photographers. It's just that this would be such a cool camera without the marketing department's fan boy stuff. That's why I sent the letter to Fuji.

My first digital camera was a Canon G1. I've owned most of the G series. Now I have a G1X and a G12. Canon kept this series in the amateur marketing category but they are still useful to a working pro. The Fuji I like much more. But I did get a chance to talk to Canon about what I'd like to see in a small camera of this sort. In particular, I said the zoom should start with a 28mm equivalent. Check out this article from Canon Europe. I've also written to Canon suggesting a point and shoot type camera more palatable to working photographers. The G12 is close.

http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/interviews/mason.do

Apple Computer is on a hiring binge for photo engineers. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

-- hide signature --

Bratsvo i Jedinstvo!

Palinarius's gear list:Palinarius's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow