Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
NomadMark
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Re: FE 24-70 QC
In reply to PaulR, 6 months ago

PaulR wrote:

Andy Dan wrote:

The fact that the Canon 24-105 f4 or that the Nikon 24-120 f4 are sharper than this Zeiss is a really bad result for the Zeiss because the Canikon lenses have more focal lenght so the compromises should be theoretically stronger...

The whole thing sounds like Sony-Zeiss doesn't know how to make good zooms and that puzzles me...

I don't think you know what you are talking about. I don't have an adapter so I can't test my Canon 24-105 F4 against the Sony 24-70mm F4 but I did test it against the Nikon 24-120 and the Sony 24-70mm is as sharp or sharper at all focal lengths except 24mm where it is about the same and it is generally particularly strong in the corners.

I wouldn't make the claim myself that the 24-105L is sharper all over. But at 24mm, it's a heck of a lot sharper in the corners that the 24-70 FE. Definitely more uniform in terms of sharpness.

I am hoping to have time this weekend to test the two out and compare at several focal lengths and apertures. If I do, I'll post all images.

NomadMark's gear list:NomadMark's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow