Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Couple of questions - Sony a6000
In reply to blue_skies, 8 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

Slynky wrote:

So, I have a couple of NEX 5N bodies I really like and I'm considering the subject camera but...

(1) Will the camera out-resolve the current lenses I have (and hope to use)? I have the old 18-200, the 16 pancake, and the 50 1.8. I remember reading something (some time back) about how some lenses wouldn't work with phase detect focusing.

Yes, the Nex-7 with the 24 Mp APS-C sensor does not get the full sensor resolution with some of the lenses, mostly kit, or the SW corrected lenses, particularly near the far edges.

The A6000, however, seems to use in-camera processing to reclaim some of this:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pure-m/item/4905524974270/

(2) I like the touch screen and not having it worries me. Among other things, I like being able to touch a spot where I know I want to focus and BINGO, I'm set. How does one pick an item to focus on without touch screen. I also make use of DMF and (yellow) peaking for some critical focusing.

The A6000 PDAF should do away with most of that need - DMF would be your preferred MF method.

(3) Are there any preliminary images out there yet--I'm sure DPR has their hands full and hasn't had time to put any out yet.

Yes, search for ILCE-6000 on the web, and you'll find plenty of images, most uploaded within last 4 weeks.

e.g. consider this (promotion) video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bxnt6_sony-ilce-6000-interchangeable-lens-camera-a6000_videogames

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Thanks Henry...been seeing you around the NEX forum FOREVER !

So, the a6000 tries to recover some of the resolution lost to lenses that aren't up to that 24MP quality...I'll have to read it later. Thanks !

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ILCENew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow