Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Beat Traveller
Contributing MemberPosts: 521Gear list
Like?
Re: Letter to Fuji about the X100s
In reply to Palinarius, 7 months ago

Palinarius wrote:

Beat Traveller wrote:

So a Leica, which has basically the same control scheme is fine, but an X100s is too confusing? You've lost me...

OK, I just shot this photo of a box or arrows in my living room. Very simple set up, all the time in the world, and no distractions except Rush Limbaugh ranting on the radio. And twice in the course of shooting 8 frames a message about one thing or another popped up because I'd "stepped on" the wrong button by accident. That's one thing when you're in the living room and a totally different thing when you're out in the cold trying to shoot something that's rapidly changing.

-- hide signature --

Bratsvo i Jedinstvo!

As the person above me points out, you can lock the rear controls. This seems more like complaining about digital cameras in general though: you have so many more options at your feet, and the camera can either bury them in the menu or put them on direct controls.

Beat Traveller's gear list:Beat Traveller's gear list
Nikon D60 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow