Letter to Fuji about the X100s

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Contributing MemberPosts: 872Gear list
Like?
Re: Too many buttons, too many features
In reply to darngooddesign, 6 months ago

I dug out my old Weston II lightmeter and spent a couple of days shooting with my X100s on full manual. I found that not only was the camera usable that way but my images were improved by the slower process.

I might rather have had match-needle exposure within the camera and a clearer fresnel/split focus combination screen but really the worst problem I had was that the old Weston did not use ISO but instead emulsion speed which could be converted to an ASA number to use or set on the camera from the notation of the box that packaged the film.

With shutter speed, aperture, and manual focus how is the X100s not as simple as any but the simplest Box Brownie from Kodak? Even my Agfa C3's controls were harder to operate by being smaller and less precise, and other models had markings that only a machist's loupe would enable to be deciphered. At 65 I can read the lens markings of my X100s just fine

94's gear list:94's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow