Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GVcruiser
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Ipad and photo file name conflicts
6 months ago

I am going to Europe for three weeks. I’m leaving my laptop at home and only taking my Ipad air. I’m new to using my Ipad for storing photos. I will be taking pictures with my Panasonic LX7 and FZ150 that have the same numbering format. Currently, their file names are only 500 numbers apart, so the file names could easily overlap during the trip. I don’t know how to deal with the file name conflict, because my understanding is that I can’t change file names on the Ipad. I plan to store photo files on my Ipad and also retain them on my large SD cards as a backup. I will download each camera’s photos to my Ipad everyday, but when the option comes up to only download new files, how do I deal with the file name conflict so that I don’t lose files? I don’t want to keep redownloading all the files everyday and end up with all kinds of duplicates just to ensure that I’m not losing any photos. Any suggestions? Is there a way to change the file numbering inside the cameras? Thanks in advance for assistance. I will also post this on the mac forum.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow