ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kwa_photo
kwa_photo MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,536Gear list
Like?
S8000fd "died"...new member needs help please
7 months ago

Hello Fuji forum members. We have a new member, SherriC, who sent me a PM with an issue with her S8000fd that I am unable to answer. Would someone please advise her OR has anyone had a similar issue previously? If so, was there a resolution? Thanks!

Hi there! I have a Finepix S8000fd that suddenly 'died' on me at Christmas. I had taken about 6 shot that acted normal, put it down for a few minutes. When I turned it on to use again, the image was wildly colored with an orange and pink glow and I had a histogram showing (I never even knew my camera HAD a histogram!) This showed through both view finder and screen and also when the pic was taken. I thought surely some button had been pushed accidentally, but I cannot find anyway to undo this.

So, did my sensor or processor die or is there actually a way to fix this?

i am leaving on vacation a week from today so I either have to rush to replace this camera or it would be wonderful to simply fix it!

ON BEHALF OF: SherriC (new DPR forum member)

My Questions for you Sherri:

1. How old is your camera? Is it still under warranty (if someone can't figure this out for you here)?
  2. Can you post an image of what you are seeing? This may help diagnose the issue.
  3. Is this happening with EVERY photo you have taken since then?
  4. When you view the image outside of the camera (on your computer), does the image look normal?
-- hide signature --

Ken
FujiFilm FinePix Moderator (PM with Q's vs. a public post please)
http://www.kwaphoto.com

kwa_photo's gear list:kwa_photo's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow