Like?
Re: Content free post
In reply to 0dradek, 6 months ago

0dradek wrote:

darngooddesign wrote:

mr moonlight wrote:

Palinarius wrote:

David McGaughey wrote:

Also, make X100s with different lenses (you do know they sell adapters to increase and decrease the focal length?).

Sorry, I don't use "adapters"

Why on earth would you be against using adapters? Fuji's WCL is absolutely fantastic with no IQ or light loss.

Personally, I would like the switch from wide to normal to long to be handled internally. Going from long to wide would be really fast, in the same way that pressing a button to turn on the ND filter is quicker than screwing and unscrewing a filter, and wouldn't involve carrying around extra bulk to use with a "compact" camera.

But your camera wouldn't be a "compact" any longer. A lens that could switch between three focal lenghts, like the tri-elmars, would be considerably larger, probably about the same size as the 18-55mm, although without extending as far as the zoom.

I need it to be its most compact when off in my bag so there would be at least one position where it would be like that. I doubt it would be the size of the 18-55 because a separate lens is usually larger than a fixed lens; I would be fine with it sticking out twice as far which is just a little deeper than the X20 when off.

darngooddesign's gear list:darngooddesign's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow