Photo Challenges - Do they help you improve?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
johncecilian
Regular MemberPosts: 284Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo Challenges - Do they help you improve?
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 7 months ago

I think that they can help you improve...I would generally ignore the voting because sometimes it is hard to figure out how the winner was the best photo for the assigned subject matter (I almost always like mine better...hahahaha)...but as you say, you don't win anything so who cares....what is good about it is the same thing that you see on many sites that talk about improving and that is you have a project or assignment to complete. So if you photo efforts are getting kind of stale or boring, the challenge gives you something specific to work on and maybe give you a lift in doing something new or different that you haven't tried before.

The challenge might give you new ideas and you can submit your best effort in that regard...so, insofar as that part of the challenge, it can definitely help keep you fresh or change your typical photo outing. I think that helps generally and possibly can improve technique, concentration, etc.

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow