ZS40/TZ60 vs the competition

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 12,861
Like?
Re: ZS40/TZ60 vs the competition
In reply to RayUK, 4 months ago

RayUK wrote:

I'm currently looking at the very much cheaper TZ55/ZS35 (see seperate thread) as it occurs to me that the variable LCD can help with sunlight problems, and also there's the possibility of controlling the camera via WiFi from a shady position. And lets not forget Eric's Clearviewer, unless you live in Europe !

Ray

Thanks for mentioning this, even though it's not "my" clearviewer, but another forum contributor name of "Gary"

Anyway, sorry to bring it up again, but I notice some new names here who may not have heard of this excellent add-on Viewfinder which not only makes the LCD into a wonderful, magnified full-res "EVF" but due to the position of one's hands and face (eye right up to the lens) blocks out glare:

In use, of course the right hand comes up completing the glare-block, and the eye comes right up to the magnifying lens, like a telescope.

Folded, it adds very little bulk (about 6-7mm):

So far, the best thing I know of that can happen to a P&S camera. Although I have advocated (and "lobbied for") an EVF on a travelzoom for years, I may wind up still using this on my ZS40, when I get one, it's that useful, IMHO.

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow