Letter to Fuji about the X100s

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
David McGaughey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,245
Like?
Consequences
In reply to Palinarius, 9 months ago

Palinarius wrote:

They got it right on the shutter speed dial and the aperture ring. But as I look at the back of the camera I see 12 buttons, any of which is easy to press accidentally while shooting pictures. The basic camera is awesome. Strip it down to eliminate the features that are unnecessary. How many buttons on an iPhone?

-- hide signature --

Bratsvo i Jedinstvo!

Each of those buttons has at least one function. Just because you never want to change the drive mode or exposure mode doesn't mean that Fuji is dumb for providing physical buttons to quickly change these functions.

What do you propose to eliminate? Fuji isn't making a camera for you, a guy who sounds like he wants a Leica knock-off.

The iPhone has so few buttons because it has a touchscreen. Some camera manufacturers have tried replacing physical buttons with virtual touchscreen buttons. Most people dislike these cameras because 1. a touchscreen provides zero tactile feedback, so you have to look at it to change something, 2. virtual button locations change, which makes it hard to build muscle memory, and 3. you need to have a big bright glowing screen on all of the time so you can change a setting.

How about you just put a thin piece of cardboard and some gaffer's tape over each button you don't like?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow