Canon g1 x mark 2 review

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dale Buhanan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,621Gear list
Like?
Re: Samples seem to show more than just image softness...
In reply to Marco Nero, 6 months ago

I agree with your back-ground blur observations, Marco.  But I think mostly what is happening here is that these Japanese photographers are trying to achieve maximum back-ground blur rather than sharpest image.  Thus they are shooting wide open and using either an in-camera or other software trick to blur the back-ground.

As a result, the image is blurred more than if the lens were at its sweet spot, as your own G1X photos. Your evidence of the models shoulder seems to indicate that. Plus the amount of blur in the back-ground there is huge compared to the focal length of the lens.  You normally cannot get that much blur unless you are using a long telephoto wide open.

I feel hopeful that macro sharpness will improve considerably with the lens stopped down to the sweet spot.  We will know shortly I am sure. 

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow