Lens recommendation: is 23mm a must-have?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
TravelLight
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
Re: Lens recommendation: is 23mm a must-have?
In reply to slimandy, 9 months ago

I went through LR last night and was surprised to find that I actually used the 50mm on my old zoom lens a lot more than 35mm, with a smattering of other FLs in between. BUT, 35mm also covers some of my favorite outdoor shots! For me though, 50mm is great for indoor cat photos, haha! Oh well, will use the 18-55 for now and see if I feel compelled enough to get a truly lowlight lens for indoor/street use.

slimandy wrote:

It's not a 'must have' but it's a 'would be nice to have'. I have used it alongside the 35mm f1.4 and bought the 35 instead, partly because I think the focal length suits me better and partly because of the price. I also bought the 14mm and the 18~55.

Every time I buy a new camera I seem to ask if I should have a 35mm equivalent or a 50mm equivalent, and I keep changing my mind! I think I prefer the 50mm FOV as a standard but find 35mm more versatile for indoors. I guess if I keep writing I'll talk myself into the 23 too, but the zoom is actually pretty good coupled the high ISO capabilities of the X-T1.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow