Senior MemberPosts: 1,216Gear list
Like?
Re: Content free post
In reply to mr moonlight, 5 months ago

mr moonlight wrote:

mr moonlight wrote:

Palinarius wrote:

David McGaughey wrote:

Also, make X100s with different lenses (you do know they sell adapters to increase and decrease the focal length?).

Sorry, I don't use "adapters"

Why on earth would you be against using adapters? Fuji's WCL is absolutely fantastic with no IQ or light loss.

Personally, I would like the switch from wide to normal to long to be handled internally. Going from long to wide would be really fast, in the same way that pressing a button to turn on the ND filter is quicker than screwing and unscrewing a filter, and wouldn't involve carrying around extra bulk to use with a "compact" camera.

Check out the X20. It's got a nice zoom and still gives you an OVF with a digital overlay. Otherwise there are the Interchangeable lens x cameras, but they are not exactly compact with a zoom attached.

I'm aware of all those things, but even when its zoom is set to 23mm the X20's OVF is still less useful. Maybe if the X20 displayed framing lines that changed with the zoom it would be more useful.

I would be fine with a three step lens on the X200 instead of a smooth zoom.

All I was saying is that I would prefer the existing wide and upcoming tele converters to be handled internally as opposed to using external devices; frequently switching between converters is bound to wear the threads down. It would probably make the X200 more expensive, but buying both Fuji converters is expensive as well. Another benefit is that Fuji could engineer the lens not to block the OVF like the upcoming teleconverter probably will.

darngooddesign's gear list:darngooddesign's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow