Canon g1 x mark 2 review

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
hawat
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Re: Samples seem to show more than just image softness...
In reply to Marco Nero, 6 months ago

Marco Nero wrote:

Mark9473 wrote:

I find the flower shots all extremely soft to be honest.

-- hide signature --

Mark

Some VERY heated discussions on the Japanese forums the night before last. They were discussing how soft the Macro shots were and upon viewing some, I am prone to agree with them. The shots I saw were simple and showed a very shallow DOF. Even with this effect in place, there was a considerable softness to the images, even the areas meant to be sharp. But what I am seeing in these new images is not a natural blur to the background.
Below is a crop from one of the official Canon images from the G1X Mk2. It shows an artificially blurred background and you can see how the blur continues across the shoulder of the model. The image processor software produced a halo or smudge of skin tone across the contrasting area of the shoulder and it has a softening effect on the overall portrait. It looks like the effect used with the Macro shots below.

Are you talking about that discussion on kakaku.com? http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000623024/#17296311

The poster of the macro picture (tundraco) is saying that at max aperture there is some kind of fog when using macro mode but when reducing it, its ok.

When not using macro mode he doesn't seem to have a problem as well. That is a bit worrying but I hope more people will show up with their own macro picture to confirm or not this problem.

hawat's gear list:hawat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon EOS 350D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow