Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Dennishh
Contributing MemberPosts: 505Gear list
Like?
Re: FE 24-70 QC
In reply to NomadMark, 9 months ago

NomadMark wrote:

Lots of comparing to Nikon lenses. None to Canon

Looking at other shots on Flickr, and numerous other reviews it looks like mine is in line. Perhaps I am harsh to originally say rubbish corners. Just slightly soft. Where as my Canon 24-105 is slightly sharper, but still, not near prime levels of course.

Here's a few images that were shot this morning. I'm finding the 24-70 overall feel and look to be extremely appealing. The lens is definitely a zoom and not a prime like you had stated and the edge sharpness and slightly softer at the extremes than primes. The Zeiss look coupled with autofocus and OSS give it a superiority to non-OSS autofocus lenses in my opinion. The convenience of this lens is starting to grow on me and is quite appealing seeing that I don't have to carry around three or four other lenses cover this focal length. For travel and many professional uses it is ideal. I have gone back and forth about not keeping the zoom and just replacing it with a 24, 35, 50 and 85mm lenses, needless to say the reason I bought the A7r was for its size and weight so this formula completely defeats that purpose. When Sony finally comes out with a wide-angle zoom I will be able to use a two lens kit that is quite appealing to me. If I need anything longer I use the 70-200. The two close ups are at 70mm the other two are 24mm all at f5.6.

Dennishh's gear list:Dennishh's gear list
Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow