Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
Question about discrepancy between Live view and standard
6 months ago

I bought a D800E.  I was fine tuning my lenses and have noticed something across the board.  Live view provides better focus than PDAF.  Yes of course it does, I know that but this is something a little different.

Let me explain.  See the images below.  The one from Live view is a little crisper.  The concentric circles have a more contrast.

These are raw images, cropped SOOC.  I'm not saying anything about my fine tune.  If it was front focusing or back focusing then the circles wherever it did focus should be crisp.

This is off a tripod, full manual, nothing changed except switching between LV and PDAF.

It is easily reproducible with all lenses and scenarios.  Can someone suggest what might be going on here?  It's even easier to see in LR and even on the LCD on the back of the camera.

regards, David

Live View just to the left of between the 0 and 4 and to the right are in crisper focus than those below.  The small numbers to the far left are slightly better as well.

Standard

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow