E-M1 Focus problems

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
DonSC
Contributing MemberPosts: 959
Like?
Stuff happens
In reply to lnikj, 7 months ago

This type of thing happens from time to time on every camera. AF is never a 100% thing and reflections and highlights can lead to some odd things. The exposure compensation seems weird to me.

Assuming that SS has anything to do with shutter vibrations, that's probably not at issue. You're first shot is way above sync speed. If the blurring is related to shutter vibrations it's not likely at that speed and, if it is, you should see a distinct blurring pattern which isn't present.

I have gotten this type of shot but the more I used the cameras the less frequent they became. There was definitely a learning curve for me when moving from a high end dSLR to the E-M5 and the E-M1. It's also possible that you have an equipment issue. If you get this "sometimes" then that suggests one thing. If you get it all the time that suggests another.

If you want to rule out an equipment issue, take the shot handheld and then use a tripod at both above and below sync speed (1/250). See if there is a difference.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow