ZS40/TZ60 vs the competition

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
21st Hermit
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,272
Like?
Give us back our viewfinders!
In reply to graham the red, 6 months ago

graham the red wrote:

There have been at least two reviews that would rather have the touch screen than the EVF , which they supposed was the choice for Panasonic. I have no idea about that but some time ago I made a decision to not ever buy a camera without a finder where the only option was a screen.

I don't care how good the screen is, the manufacturers took away viewfinders because they wanted to , not because the customers had been crying out for it. They take up valuable room and cost more also making the camera bigger and heavier etc. so they go and we have smaller lighter units and isn't that good?

Well no actually it isn't. I have , they tell me , good eyesight and in the sun, a screen is often quite useless, I've checked with others , concerned that it might be me and the consensus is that composing in sunlight is too often a guess. So the 60 becomes virtually a no brainer if that is the type of camera I want since all the likely contenders are screen only and usually fixed.

Give us back our viewfinders!

Indeed!!!

-- hide signature --

Lost in the Colorado Mountains!!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow