Nikon P8000 vs Canon G1X

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
BorisK1
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,927Gear list
Like?
Re: This Posting At The Canon Forum Brings Up Questions...
In reply to jimr, 4 months ago

jimr wrote:

"Up until yesterday, I would have agreed with your statement. But the G1X Mk2 is already looking less than perfect. It's possible that users don't know how to use this camera properly (as was the complaint going about on the Japanese forums last night).

But alas, after seeing so-called "real world examples" from the G1X Mk2 surface in Japan, and reading an endless series of posts concerning dissatisfaction with the image quality and macro results from the new Mk2, I can't help but feel that Canon got it wrong (again) in the same manner as they did with their last PowerShot to share similar lens features (brightness/f-stop).
One of the members here has already posted samples he found last night and was disappointed with the G1X Mk2 over his G1X Mk1. The highlights appeared washed out and he was commenting on how he wants to keep using his Mk1 for another year.

This never fails to happen whenever a new camera shows up.  First images are always poor.  Using an unfamiliar camera in a hurry = poor IQ.

I bet you I could take a brand-new D4s and produce a series of washed-out, over/underexposed, OOF, noisy and blurry images.  Then I'd lose them all because I'd forgotten to insert a flash card

That's not good. I can't imagine why Canon would have a problem so I'm willing to sit back and take a very careful look at what people have to say about it. The first shots to surface showed the G1X Mk2 had a poor handling of some image files from the "creative" filters. Some had that new noise-reduction moire embedded in the noise/texture. Other shots were razor sharp... until we noticed they'd been taken on a tripod. I like the "front" half of the camera but am very dissatisfied with the fold-out rear design.
In time, I''m sure all will be revealed.

-- hide signature --

hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design"

BorisK1's gear list:BorisK1's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow