Buy or pass on V3? Poll.

Started 9 months ago | Polls thread
nigelht
Regular MemberPosts: 430Gear list
Like?
Re: They had me and then.....
In reply to BarnET, 9 months ago

BarnET wrote:

Your an idiot gm1 spits out great video quality like all Panasonic's. And then the kit lens Of the one won't take an ND filter. So good luck dropping your shutter speed to 1/60th outdoors.

The GM1 is one of the few cameras that can stack up with the Nikon 1 in terms of video quality because it too does full pixel readout and pixel mix vs line skips.  Assuming that you want to shoot 1080p/30 rather than 1080p/60.  Both cams have a video time limit that the BMCC doesn't.

While I like the 12-35 f2.8 And I'd probably take the 10-30PD sight unseen over the 14-42mm PZ which was a bit buggy for some.  Not saying the 10-30PD can't be buggy but all the Nikon 1 lenses have been pretty awesome.  And I (probably) prefer the zoom control over the small rocker on the 14-42mm.

I'd rather have the auto lens cap that I'd use every time vs the ND filter I've never had to use to shoot video.

The GM1 is a nice camera but I use 10 fps all the time and would readily use 20 fps in the V3.  I also use the full frame still while taking video option a lot.

And if you're going to call someone an idiot it is "you're an idiot" not "your an idiot".  I'm not fond of grammar police but I'm also not fond of people who can't carry a civil conversation either.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PassNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow