Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,333
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........
In reply to captura, 6 months ago

captura wrote:

"But they do not claim the AF to be as fast as the A6000."

Sony says the focus takes 0.6 seconds in the A6000. Nikon has said nothing. Do they need to?

I think you made a typo here. The AF speed of the A6000 is not 0.6 but 0.06sec. That is fast indeed. For the answer of your question: Yes and no. They should do it when they are a lot faster, no they should not do it when they are (near) equal or slower...

On the other hand the question does not have to be who is the fastest, but do you realy need faster focussing then the A6000 can? (I think the difference between the A6000 and the Fuji X-T1 is so small that they are practicly equal)

It's really meaningless. Unless you are a kiddie-type and you need to know that your Chevy is 1 second faster from 0 to 60 than your friend's Ford.

When you use your Chevy just for touring, this is indeed meaningless, when you use it for racing, the difference can be between winning or loosing....

But I think you are right, for most people the AF speed of the Nex 6 is good enough, the A6000 is faster, and can AF in burst mode at 11 FPS., it is nice, but not that important for most of us I think.

I do think that tne Nikon will do very good for most people, but there is one thing I wonder: The price, a comparable configuration costs for the Nikon $1200,-- and for the A6000 $800,-- Will the extra features be enough for the people to choose the camera with the smaller sensor, that is (with grip and EVF) larger in most directions then the A6000, that has a larger sensopr and a lower price?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow