Once And For All - All this "Nuts" about Focusing Speed

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
biza43
Senior MemberPosts: 2,182Gear list
Like?
Re: Once And For All - All this "Nuts" about Focusing Speed
In reply to fuji P, 9 months ago

fuji P wrote:

My last word on this one - what did people do before autofocus?

Obviously, they used manual focus? But Formula 1 cars, and football players, were not very fast in those days... But I bet you those photographers would have loved to have AF... It is very possible to do, even today, but what is wrong with relying on good technology?

Photographers over the years have produced some fantastic shots without the camera doing the work for them and that's where I struggle to see the argument for one camera being better because its 0.02 of a second faster.

0.02 seconds can make or break the shot, ever checked tennis or Ping-Pong sports photography, just as examples?

I accept that some new to photography have only used autofocus cameras and the thought of manually focusing alien to them. Some only leave their settings on fully auto which is fine if that's what they want to do.

A good photographer uses whatever settings are appropriate to get the shot. To be able to make the decision of what those settings are, that is a different story, lots of experience, etc.

Thanks for all the comments - good and bad.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes,New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow