Does Sony force Sigma to disable OS in lens?

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michel J
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
Re: Does Sony force Sigma to disable OS in lens?
In reply to LeicaBOSS, 9 months ago

LeicaBOSS wrote:

I am very very interested to know which specific characteristics of each system are more important than the results the system produces. It's such a terrible, thoughtless logical flaw to do that.

No, because some shooting skills may differ according to the system, and maybe it depends of the ability of people to better control a system over another one? Or maybe... it depends to not make paralogism in reasoning at the first sight? Who knows? All are pure hypothesis, of course...

It's like telling someone you used a very expensive ingredient in a recipe - and it doesn't matter if the soup tastes bad. Conversely, it's like saying you cannot comment on the soup unless you know how it was made. Both wrong.

It's like saying why Hasselblad chose the Minolta A-mount to makes five-star cuisine with fastfood ingredients...!

You are so wrapped up in the engineering and theoretical features of each system, that you cannot remotely accept the value of a simple test of the results if the results go against your intuition.

I plead for skills beyond intuition. Anyway, I saw a syllogism again on your reasoning, but for you, maybe it dosen't matter.

-- hide signature --

Cordialement,
Michel J
« Shoot RAW+ ...think JPEG »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow