Photo Challenges - Do they help you improve?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,215Gear list
Like?
Photo Challenges - Do they help you improve?
5 months ago

I am new to challenges and the ones I entered recently I found of little value in helping me become a better photographer.

I see there is a challenge discussion forum but I am posting here because I want to reach those who may have given up on challenges because of the issues I am discovering. I'm wondering if they are worth my time.

A couple of weeks back I entered a few challenges. Recently I received emails notifying me of the position my photo took in the challenge.

Problems:

1. There were too few votes to make it a meaningful result
  2. Between my submission and the start of voting I forgot about it and as a result did not vote myself
  3. A few days after I submitted I couldn't remember which challenges I had entered and couldn't find  a list of them

Suggestions:

1. Notify those who entered a challenge when voting begins
  2. Show pending challenges in the user profile, not just finished ones
 Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow