Lens recommendation: is 23mm a must-have?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
TravelLight
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Re: Lens recommendation: is 23mm a must-have?
In reply to wyldberi, 8 months ago

wyldberi wrote:

Like you, I wouldn't put the 56mm to enough use to make it worth the expense. The 60mm on sale for $400 is way more attractive. Team it with the Raynox DCR-250 and you'll have a decent 1:1 ratio macro lens.

Thanks! I have a related question regarding DCR-250. According to the company website , the "universal adapter" is only compatible with filter size 52-67mm. The 60mm has a filter size of 39mm. How do they fit? Also, what's the difference between mounting thread (43mm) and front filter thread (49mm)? I have never done macro photography (except for the macro scene on a P&S) so pardon the silly noob question!

I haven't used the new Fuji 23mm much yet; the weather's been too cold and inclement to induce me to get me out use it. But I do know this, I'll be using the little 27mm lens more than 23mm; it's good enough to turn the X-E1 into an everyday carry camera, great for street shooting. Other than the f/1.4 aperture, my XF-23mm may have become relegated to low-light photography.

At $200, the XF27mm lens is a steal and worth every penny of it.

I thought about the 27mm, the price is indeed attractive! I need to cool down before being taken over completely by GAS!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow