Buy or pass on V3? Poll.

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
MJW1
Contributing MemberPosts: 705Gear list
Like?
Re: Buy or pass on V3? Poll.
In reply to Vlasty, 7 months ago

I have to admit that this question is in one sense irrelevant for me, as I am a proud late adopter.

The last camera I bought new was a D5000. I have bought quite a few cameras since then, including a V1, but all of them second hand (the V1 was effectively new and had been used literally 3 or 4 times). I discovered that if you are content buying a couple of generations behind you do lose out on the latest sensor and other improvements, but save a massive amount of money.

Unless I get a bit of a windfall, I will be looking at the V3 around the time the V4 or V5 is released (sooner if there is a fire sale) and will look favourably at the idea of buying one - depending on what else is around for similar money.

The V3 looks to have some great features, but I am not enamoured of removable EVFs (hated it on an Olympus E-P2, so switched to a Panasonic G1 - a great camera for $80!) and will wait and see how the sensor performs. I have no doubt those who buy it will enjoy it - I have some good times with my V1

MJW1's gear list:MJW1's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm FinePix S1 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Nikon D50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PassNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow