Lens recommendation: is 23mm a must-have?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
TravelLight
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Re: No lens is must have; how do you shoot street?
In reply to Ednaz, 5 months ago

Sage advice! It's weird that I have never had GAS until I started reading DPReview and various photography blogs! It's also weird that a new camera/lens can reignite my enthusiasm for some "old" places. Many people marvel at the beauty of the Oregon Coast but I am bit jaded as I have been there so many times. However, now I am actually excited about visiting the coast again to take new pictures with my new setup!

Of course, new places with unique scenery are always on the top of my list...

Ednaz wrote:

TravelLight wrote:

Thank you! That's exactly what I am thinking about doing (looking through LR's metadata). Alas, I do love to travel but money and time is limited

If you skip one $800 lens a year, that's a several day trip to someplace with glorious scenery, or to a city you've never been to. In the DSLR world, skipping one fast prime or zoom lets me do a week in Havana or South America. Worth it. David Du Chemin has published two ebooks encouraging photography lovers to buy less gear and shoot more. It worked for him...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow