Lens recommendation: is 23mm a must-have?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
TravelLight
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Re: Lens recommendation: is 23mm a must-have?
In reply to ballwin12, 8 months ago

That seems to be the classic set up for Fuji (with some choosing 35 over or in addition to 23). Sometimes choice is overrated -- when I had m43 I had to constantly compare between multiple lenses with very similar coverage (Olympus vs. Panasonic) it was kind of exhausting!

ballwin12 wrote:

TravelLight wrote:

I have ordered X-T1 and the following lenses: 14mm, 18-55mm, 60mm, 55-200mm. So, with the lens sale ending soon, is there another lens I should buy?

I mainly do landscape, animals (my cat and wildlife encountered while hiking), street, and want to get into macro (mainly flowers and creatures on flowers/grass/leaves, etc.).

Is 23mm necessary if I already have the lenses above? Especially given that I don't really do street all that much, and already have 18-55? I really like 56mm but the price is so high that I definitely won't buy unless I have a real need (I don't do weddings or formal portraits -- not a pro).

Thanks!

I'm having 14, 23, 18-55, 55-200. ( I just need one more lens: 56mm)

I use 23mm and 14mm 80% of the time.

The 23mm is very nice, sharp, Af is fast enough for me ( faster and quieter than 35mm that I sold)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow