Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
nzmacro
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,240Gear list
Like?
Hmmm interesting, but no thanks
In reply to z36qc, 6 months ago

z36qc wrote:

This is the link
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/03/13/nikon-1-v3-offers-improved-af-system-and-faster-continuous-shooting

What's do you think of it?

As an MF shooter only, there is no point. That's just personal though.

As a bird mainly shooter, don't expect to crop an image too much.

I had a V2 shooter send me a fantastic image of a Kingfisher, he sent me the Raw. He wasn't using just any lens either, it was the Nikkor 500mm F/4. Fantastic shot and a fine shooter who knows what he's doing. Because it was almost FF from that sensor, it was simply magic !!. Now comes the issue. If you need to crop more, watch out.

So the V3, higher mp with a similar issue I imagine. I was really keen on the idea and there is a lot of bird shooters using that sized sensor for the benefit on that crop factor. If you don't need to crop, its fine. Otherwise, please give me the APS-C sensor or FF.

AF has always been extremely fast on the 1 series, Nikon did an amazing job in that area. If you can live with that format, its fantastic IMO. If you need fast AF with a high crop factor there it is. Just don't try and compare images from a 1" sensor to an APS-C or FF, same with m4/3 IMO. M4/3 even beats FF if you believe half of what you read from them and yet, they don't like to be compared to the Nikon 1 system either, LOL.

All the best and ahhh, no thanks

Danny.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow