Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
xpistos
Regular MemberPosts: 255
Like?
Re: Sony A7R: What options for 24mm?
In reply to blue_skies, 5 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

newyorkcity wrote:

What options are there for the A7R in the 24mm range that isnt affected by vignetting?

I'm thinking about getting the Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 with the novoflex adapter but I'm curious what options there are with other adapters along with this 1 (M mount) if there are any.

There are many options, it depends on your budget.

I am using an OM 24mm/f2.8 SLR lens that works fine - it does not vignette (on the A7).

I am using this on a shift-adapter. The first image is shifted (and you see some vignetting creeping in), the second image is not shifted, and does not vignette.

As price/performance goes, this lens is a little gem on the A7.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

I also recently acquired the Olympus 24mm f2.8.

Mine is the non-multicoated version, and it was, for me, at $225 a tad on the expensive side, compared to what a Canon older 24mm f2.8 (FDn?) goes for. However it is tiny.

I think it vignettes wide open, but nothing bad. It is sharp in the center wide open, and the corners are ok minus. At f5.6 the corners are good, and at f8 very good, and at f11 I think they are great.

To calibrate you to my use of the adjectives, here is a picture taken on the A7 at f8. I focused on the fence in the middle of the picture.

asecsc4

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow