NX20 and NX30 - ISO capabilities (nearly) unchanged!?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ttbek
Contributing MemberPosts: 936Gear list
Like?
Re: NX20 and NX30 - ISO capabilities (nearly) unchanged!?
In reply to Matt Everglade, 5 months ago

Viscacha wrote:

Thank you for the replies.I'd like to add that the white balance was the same on all shots so this is not the reason for the different brightness.

Mmk, just to be clear, I wasn't questioning any white balance that you applied, but if Lightroom works some voodoo in the background by default that may be different between the two cameras (e.g. like how I've heard they do lens corrections that can't be turned off for some lenses and you would need to look with another raw program to see the file uncorrected).

If the NX30 shots are coming out brighter and Adobe doesn't have their fingers in the pot, than that's all the better!

I made another attempt. I shot three photos:

1. NX20
  2. NX30 with a comparable brightness than NX20 but a changed shutter speed
  3. NX30 with the same settings but as a result a different brightness than the NX20

For ISO 100 the NX20 had a shutter speed of 1 second and the NX30 with a comparable brightness needed only 0.6 seconds. So there is a difference of 0.6 EV! Considering this I could choose a lower ISO for the same shot which should result in a better ISO performance. I'll update the article tonight...

ttbek's gear list:ttbek's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Nikon Coolpix L3 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow