NomadMark
Regular MemberPosts: 459Gear list
Like?
Re: FE 24-70 QC
In reply to LTZ470, 9 months ago

LTZ470 wrote:

NomadMark wrote:

NomadMark wrote:

Here is a question for you. How.many of you have at least a little play in your lens barrel?

I tried three this weekend. All seems the same optically. One has a bit of movement in the front barrel however.

Finally bought mine. Seems ok on my own testing. Looking to compare now to my 24-105

Seriously folks. Tolerance from barrel to barrel is cause for misalignment. Does anyone have a copy with at least a little plat in the front barrel when not extended, or even when extended?

Mine has a little play, not near as much as my Panasonic 100-300 though...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Some will tell you that this will cause image problems. I have had lenses that did it too. My old Canon 15-85 had a lot of play. Many cheaper lenses do. Most manufacturers say it's normal. I find every brand will have variations lens to lens. My buddies 15-85 had no play. I tested 3 24-70's in Toronto this weekend and one has considerably more than the other two. Sorta creeps me out.

So...after playing with them all...I picked the one with the tightest lens barrel.

NomadMark's gear list:NomadMark's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow