Are ALL manual focus primes soft on XTrans cameras?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,858Gear list
Like?
Re: I have to disagree with you.
In reply to Al Valentino, 7 months ago

Al Valentino wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

I'm no camera engineer, but i'm just saying, and the fact that the rokinon is even SHARP on my Fuji S5 that tells me something

So your comparison is of a 6mp sensor with AA filter vs 16mm sensor without AA filter. there are more demands on glass for high density sensors than lower, especially with regards to CA.

perhaps another way to analysis this,instead of making a broad assumption about all lenses because of your limited success with the 85mm, is this. Are there any users of that lens that get better results on a Fuji. If so, then perhaps your adapter was slightly out of spec. Only controlled tripod tests should be trusted to test a test, especially with shallow DOF aperture.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

I don't have many photos with the Rokinon 85 1.4 here in DP gallery, i have more in my PC, but here are a few shot at 1.4 and 1.8 baby. I could not get such shot with this lens on my XE1. Is not the camera nor the lens.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow