NX20 and NX30 - ISO capabilities (nearly) unchanged!?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
jennyrae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,373
Like?
Re: NX20 and NX30 - ISO capabilities (nearly) unchanged!?
In reply to Matt Everglade, 4 months ago

thank you for your time and effort and just visit your site again and saw new test just now. impression is that NX30 has slightly bit more headroom and appear to render better retention of detail as iso get higher, aside from being brighter. I do not see much difference in contrast in similar brightness level but see difference slightly in detail retention when iso levels is compared with brightness equivalent in your test.

however, I am curious to see using same bunny pictures of NX20 at different ISO to have exposure adjusted to same brightness level as NX30 using Lightroom.

my opinion on matter is that contrast or detail difference is negligible. however due to pushing of darker picture of NX20, worse scenario I see more increased amount of chroma noise as already showing in NX20 pictures compared to brighter NX30 pictures. but considering brightness difference of 3/5, maybe noise appearance not too much or just same as NX30.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow