Sony A6000 Feature Demo by Sony Rep

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,659
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 Feature Demo by Sony Rep
In reply to Greynerd, 5 months ago

Greynerd wrote:

It cannot do Sony any harm. A really slick but relaxed presentation which will sell the camera more than the official marketing when it comes out. I like the way bounce flash is approved but at your own risk which is re-assuring.

The A6000 sounds really good and I wonder if Sony wished they had never brought out the Nex7 as it may create a group who understandably will not welcome the new camera, but would be perfectly happy if the Nex6 was all there ever had been.

I think you are misundertanding the emotions here

The A6000 is an exciting camera and I think most people (everybody?) are very happy that it has been released and hope it will be a success.  The 'traditional' NEX body shape of the new camera is particularly welcome

Those looking for a NEX-7 replacement want it *in addition* to the A6000

Personally I am interested by the A6000, but am hoping it has a digital level as I have got very used to using this on my NEX-5R.  I want to see a NEX-7 as it would indicate a real commitment by Sony to keeping APS-C going at the higher-end, otherwise there is a risk that they will progressively move FF down the product range until it is only at entry level, and eventually maybe not even there...  thus making the current APS-C lens range (some examples of which are rather expensive) obsolete

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow