Sony E-lenses or FE-lenses on Sony a6000

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Probably should stick with APS-C emount
In reply to wb2trf, 9 months ago

I wouldn't buy FE lenses now.  They have only disadvantages for the A6000 over native e mount: they are larger, don't have OIS and are more costly.  They are not meaningfully sharper than available emount glass.  You can always sell your emount lenses on ebay or CL, if you want to do so later.  What I might do, possibly, is carefully buy used lenses on ebay or CL so that you minimize your costs now and later, or if so convinced that FF was in my future, buy A7 now.  It's shipping.  A6000 is not yet.

FE35 is smaller than E35 (by virtue of being f/2.8) and FE55 is virtually identical to E24 in size. The E50 isn't quite a small lens either.

As for OSS, it is largely because these two primes are Zeiss and place IQ above all else. It is also you will find Canon using IS on cheaper lenses but not on L primes except at very long FL.

One could go E lenses even with plans to upgrade to FF at some point but now you will have to also replace each of those lenses (E24 with FE35, E35 with FE55, E50 with FE85 and so on). Or, you could invest in FF lenses now and simply pick up a FF body.

I bought DT 35/1.8 (A-mount) and that will remain my last APSc prime on A-mount. I have since replaced it with E35 as I plan on staying APSc with E-mount. But on A-mount, none of my primes are crop sensor. They are all FF. When shopping for a macro lens, I skipped over Tamron 60/2 and picked up Sigma 70/2.8 because the former is APSc lens. Such planning can help make moving to FF easier. I keep two APSc zooms (16-50/2.8 and 18-250 OS) but only because FF zooms go from 24mm.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow