New Olympus 17mm 1.8

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Pixnat2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,191Gear list
Like?
Re: New Olympus 17mm 1.8
In reply to Anders W, 4 months ago

Anders W wrote:

I am a scientist and take scientific conduct seriously. Consequently, I don't take a firm position first and then look around for evidence that might support it. Rather, I first consider the evidence and then arrive at a provisional conclusion. If I encounter new evidence that I consider to be of questionable validitiy or relevance, I never knowingly use it even if it favors my prior conclusion. Likewise, if I encounter new evidence that I find reason to think is valid and relevant, I don't discard it even if it speaks against my own prior conclusion. Rather, I would revise my conclusion.

This is all to your honour Anders, and I have no doubts you strictly apply this scientific behavior in your life.

Speaking of this issue, it seems that there's a sort of consilience about the 17mm having faster AF than the 20mm f/1.7.

You are skeptical about this convergence of facts, because you find the testing methods not rigourous enough and questionable.

I'm afraid the only way for you to reach a strong and definitive conclusion (if it is important for you of course) is to acquire (buy or rent) a 17mm f/1.8 and proceed to AF testing with your method.

Then, and only then, you (and us ) will know the Truth.

Cheers,
Frederic
http://azurphoto.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
JoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow