Sony A7R: What options for 24mm?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,488Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A7R: What options for 24mm?
In reply to NomadMark, 4 months ago

NomadMark wrote:

One thing I am trying to know is that if there is IS/VR/OSS compromise with A7R due to shutter vibration. On my own experience, it's pretty obvious with 70-200L/4.0 IS @200mm for example but much less with 35/2.0 IS.

I can pretty consistently shoot sharp shots on my 24 is usm at shutter speeds of 1/3.

That's very good. It's widely reported such compromises more impact on tele lenses at FL 100mm or longer. With 35/2.0 IS, I can get consistent per-pixel photos at 1/6 sec with 5D3 thru LV (aka, FEC), at 1/15 at pixel-level with A7R thru adapter which is not bad considering A7R has more pixels than 5D3 and it doesn't have FEC. But the shutter vibration is pretty obvious with 70-200L/4.0 IS and I also have read others said similarly. With 5D3 LV, I can get consistent pixel-level sharp photos with 70-200L/4.0 IS at 1/40 or even 1/30 sec @200mm but I am struggling at 1/80 sec or even 1/100 sec with the same lens on A7R thru adapter @200mm. The difference is very obvious. I am really interested to see owners' experiences of forthcoming 70-200/4.0 OSS on A7R hand-held, the difference between A7 and A7R regarding functionality of 'OSS' with former has EFC and latter without.  I hope Sony native 'OSS' performs much better on A7R/A7 than IS/VR thru adapters.

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow