One of these must go: D600 or D800. Which one?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jadot
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Re: One of these must go: D600 or D800. Which one?
In reply to JayDreamer, 5 months ago

JayDreamer wrote:

If your main camera is Fuji and Nikon is a backup that you use only once in a while or when needed then keep the D600 as it can do almost everything and it is been used as both a main or backup camera successfully. You can use the money from D800 to add more fuji gear or save it.

If your main camera is the Nikon and Fuji is your backup or day to day / walk around camera then keep the D800. Simple

-- hide signature --

Thanks
Jay
Images from the mind are surreal!

Thanks Jay,

Well the Fuji is my main kit now, though the D800 was intended as a back up, and I thought I might use it for studio stuff when needed. As it happens, I think that the D600 would also be a good studio camera - let's not forget, it's essentially the same sensor as the D3x if it's resolution we're talking about.

Honestly, I think there are two things stopping me from dumping the D800 - shutter speed, and low light Focus. The D600 just can't do those two things, but for everything else I'd be fine.

It's a strange balance, I'm just wondering if I'd miss those key advantages if I kept the 600.

It's really not the end of the world! I can always get another D800, though it's more likely that one would just work within the limitations of one camera over the other if it came to it. I was just curious.

Thanks for your comment!

-- hide signature --

examples of my photography at www.alexanderleaman.co.uk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow