Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,018Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony E-lenses or FE-lenses on Sony a6000
In reply to tn1krr, 6 months ago

El3bs wrote:

Hello All,

The a6000 has been in mind for a while, considering it once it is out. However, I've been reading a lot about the new Sony FE camera/ lens, watching reviews as well. and was thinking of getting only FE lenses instead of APS-C "E" lenses, since it will be very easy to jump to the FE system anytime I want.

Anyone has a better advice?

I'm kind of looking this from opposite direction, the A6000 I ordered will be a backup and 2nd body for my A7R so I'll be using it with FE lenses mostly. The FE 55/1.8 seems to be very very good with APS-C sensors too, according to dxomark and I also have the FE 70-200/4 OSS incoming (let's hope it is really good, based on filter size it should not compromize much optical quality for size), that should match very well with the focus/burst capability of the A6000.

The FE 24-70/4 OSS did not really shine that much on dxomark APS-C test, but a test is just a test and there should be real world experiences available about that lens in APS-C too, so if one hopes to upgrade to FF E Mount in the future and chooses lenses wizely I see no reason not to use FE lenses with APS-C body.

I agree. And as with any FF lens on crop body, I expect FE lenses to do well on E bodies. The 24-70 might have the challenge of meeting the demands of high resolution FF sensor at the widest but on E bodies, it should do better even at 24mm, making it a 35-105 equiv option.

And having FF lenses does make stepping up to FF bodies a less expensive proposition (a reason, of nearly a dozen A-mount lenses in my collection, only two are crop... and only for the extra wide angle reach from 16-24mm).

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow