Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
hdr
hdr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,548Gear list
Like?
Re: Bad Hangovers from Film Days?
In reply to Aaron Corey, 5 months ago

Aaron Corey wrote:

...I know what you're saying, but selecting a shutter speed and aperture can also involve significant trade-offs (in motion blur and DOF) depending on the shooting conditions. Even though shutter speed and aperture are easy to change, I still put some thought into them and understand the trade-offs involved. So why should ISO be any different? There are some situations where a little extra noise is preferable to blurry motion or too-shallow DOF. A quick ISO dial would still require the photographer to make a conscious decision (as opposed to just setting the camera on auto-ISO and forgetting about it).

All said, I believe camera makers will almost certainly be including that feature in new cameras, especially in view of ongoing advances in sensor capability, and consumer demand for it is apparent.

-- hide signature --

Depth haz been the mizzing dimenzion for long enough, but still, few are bothered with 3D.
Enjoy Free-Viewing Colorful 3D Without Glasses:- http://www.SingaporeGallery.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow